Two Days of Festival and Unlimited Fun!
Whether it be traditional Chinese music ensembles, Korean performance troupes, Vietnamese folk dance, Japanese taiko drummers, Lion Dancers, Latin Jazz or funk and soul bands – the Firecracker Festival has consistently showcased its goal in building community through celebrating the many facets of Arts and Culture in Los Angeles.
The Firecracker Festival is free to the public and takes place in Chinatown’s Central Plaza. In conjunction with the Firecracker Health & Fitness Expo, where all participants must visit to pick up their race packets. These expos feature a variety of health & fitness products and information, community organizations and more.
Saturday, February 11, 2017
- 7:30am: On-site Bike Ride Registration Opens, Pre-reg Bike Ride bib/Shirt Pickup
- 8:15am: Bike Ride Opening Ceremony
- 9:00am: 30+ mile Bike Ride Start
- 9:15am: 20+ mile Bike Ride Start
- 10:00am – 2:00pm: Carbo-Load Meal (Included with entry)
- 10:00am – 3:00pm: 5K/10K/Kiddie Run (Sunday) Registration Open, Bib/Shirt Pickup
Sunday, February 12, 2017
- 6:00am: On-site Registration Opens, Pre-Registration Pickup
- 7:25am: Opening Ceremonies, National Anthem, Lion Dance and lighting of 100,000 Firecrackers
- 8:00/8:05am: 5K Run/Walk Start
- 8:30am: 10K Run Start
- 9:45am: Kiddie Run Start
- 9:15am: 5K Awards Presentation
- 10:00am: 10K Awards Presentation
- 10:00 am – 10:00 pm – Free to the public
LOCATED ON THE MAIN STAGE IN CENTRAL PLAZA 943 N BROADWAY
SAT FEB 11TH FESTIVAL SCHEDULE*
- 10:00am-10:15am THE IMMORTALS LION DANCE TROUPE
- 10:30am- 11:15am ASGE CHOIR AND KOREAN DRUM ENSEMBLE
- 11:30am-12:00pm LAS PALMAS GRUPO FOLKLORICO AND GRUPO FOLKLORICO TZINTZUNI
- 12:30-1:15pm KAWALEA POLYNESIAN DANCE
- 1:45pm-2:15pm YUUJOU DAIKO
- 2:45pm-3:15pm USC TC DANCE
- 3:30pm – 4:00pm THE COMPANY AND CREW OF MILLENIUM DANCE COMPLEX
- 4:00 pm NIGHT FESTIVAL
Hosted By: Arianna Basco, actress / poet4:10pm – 4:30pm JENYI, singer / songwriter4:35pm – 4:55pm JASON CHU, hip-hop artist / poet / activist5:00pm – 5:20pm DREMAGIX, magician5:25pm – 5:45pm PRISKA, singer / songwriter5:50pm – 6:10pm LEO XIA, singer / songwriter / dancer6:15pm – 6:35pm NEEL GHOSH, stand up comedian6:15pm – 6:35pm NEEL GHOSH, stand up comedian6:40pm – 7:00pm ERIN KIM, singer / songwriter7:05pm – 7:25pm KAREN JOYCE, singer / songwriter / musician / poet7:30pm – 8:00pm PERRY & DANIELLE, pop duo8:05pm – 8:35pm OLIVIA THAI, singer / songwriter8:40pm – 8:45pm Thank you acknowledgements8:45pm – 10:00pm Festival DJFOOD TRUCKSThe Deli DoctorGrilled CheeseMiddle FeastRice Balls of FireSeoul SausageWhite RabbitBison BurgerThe Greasy Wiener
- 8:15am-8:45am UCLA RANDOM VOICES
- 8:50am -9:00am THE IMMORTALS LION DANCE TROUPE
- 9:15am 5k AWARDS CEREMONY
- 9:30am-9:50am LINCOLN HEIGHTS TUTORIAL PROGRAM’S YOUTH UNITED FOR COMMUNITY DANCE TEAM
- 10:00am 10k AWARDS CEREMONY
- 10:15am-10:45am KODAMA TAIKO
- 11:15am-12:00pm MANEA HULA
*This event schedule is subject to change without notice.
Take a look at 2015 Firecracker run/bike ride event and festivities with the video below:
Location: 943 N. Broadway, Los Angeles, CA 90012
It is convenient to the Chinatown stop on the Metro Gold Line, and several bus routes.
Interested in showcasing your brand? Contact us today to reserve a space at the Firecracker Festival and Expo!