Two Bike Ride Routes to Choose From:
– 20+ Mile Ride Course at 9:15 am, Saturday 2/11/17
– 30+ Mile Challenge Course at 9:00 am, Saturday 2/11/17
For 2017, The Firecracker Bike Ride will offer cyclists the choice of a 20 mile or a 30+ mile route.
Please observe the parking time limit on the parking meters in Chinatown on Saturday…the meters will be enforced. A better choice would be to come to the Ride on Metro…there is a Metro station not more than a block away from the start of the Ride. A free bag check will be available for all registered riders.
The 20 mile route will be geared more towards families and casual riders.
Last year, the entire bike ride was on city streets due to construction along the LA River bike path. This year, a lot of the construction has been completed and a major portion of the 20 mile ride will once again be along the LA River on the LA River Bike Path away from traffic, and will have great views of the LA River. A 10 mile per hour pace is advised for this route.
The 30+ mile route will feature challenging hills in Elysian Park and Griffith Park. There will be some hill climbing and great view spots along the way. Bring your hill climbing legs for this route. There will be some elevation to accomplish! The 30+ mile ride will be completely on City streets.
Both routes will have a rest stop where water, snacks, and fruit will be available. Porta- potties will be available for all at the rest stops. Please check back later for route maps and route directions.
There will be a free Bag Check and Bike Valet near the registration area. All registered riders will be given a finisher medal at the conclusion of the ride. A carbo load snack will be available after the conclusion of the ride. All registered riders will get a T-shirt and a Goodie Bag with various items and an event t-shirt. You can pick up your T-shirt and Goodie Bag before or after you complete your ride. If you pick up your items before the ride, you can take them back to your car and use the ride as a warm up.
Please come early for your Goodie Bag to ensure that you get the size shirt you need.
Click here for more information about purchasing a bike jersey.
Click here to download route directions for 20 mile bike ride.
Click here to download route directions for 30+ mile bike ride.
For $50, this bike jersey can be purchased through our Firecracker store.
NOTE: it is NOT included in bike ride registration.
- All participants will receive an ultra-soft, ultra-comfy premium short sleeve t-shirt.
- Opening ceremonies for the 5/10K Run/Walk and Bike Ride include the lighting of firecrackers.
- 5K and 10K runs are chip timed for fast & accurate results.
- Medal to the overall male and female winners in the 5K and 10K runs.
- Medal to the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place finishers in each age category.
- Finisher's Medal.
- Free carbo load meal (Saturday, February 11, 2017).
- Goodie bag.
- Refreshments at the Start/Finish and along the Course.
- Admission to the Firecracker Festival, featuring live entertainment and vendors.
- Free bag check available to all bikers
- Carnival games and petting zoo for Kiddie Run participants.
- One free beer to all registered participants 21+ years of age.
General Pricing5/10K Run/Walk or 20mi/30mi+ Bike Ride:
- Early: $35 (thru 9/5/16)
- Regular: $40 (9/6/16 - 12/04/16)
- Late: $45 (12/05/16 - 2/05/17)
- On-Site: Starting at $55 (2/11/17 - 2/12/17)
- Early: $15 (thru 9/5/16)
- Regular: $20 (9/6 - 12/4/16)
- Late: $25 (12/05 - 2/05/17)
- On-Site: Starting at $25 (2/11 - 2/12/17)
T-Shirt Sizing (Unisex)Rooster Design. Contemporary, slim fit. For a more relaxed fit, it is recommended to order a size up. Adult Chest Sizing*:
- XS (31" - 34")
- S (34" - 37")
- M (38" - 41")
- L (42" - 45")
- XL (46" - 49")
- 2XL (50" - 53")
- 3XL (54" - 57")
- M (31.5" - 33.5")
- L (33.5" - 35.5")
Event Location943 N. Broadway, Los Angeles, CA 90012 (For mapping purposes use) Saturday Site Map 2/11/17
Sunday Site Map 2/12/2017