10K Information 8:30 am, Sunday 2/12/17
The 10K course is a challenging run through the hills of Elysian Park. From N. Broadway, the course climbs up into the park to its highest elevation at Angles Point. The course winds up over the Figueroa Tunnels above the 110 freeway, through tree-lined hill around the Elysian Reservoir (dry) then a steep climb to the summit at Angels Point. We drop down and across a gravel road to the helipad providing spectacular almost 180 degree view of LA..
The early morning vistas of Downtown LA, Glendale, Mt. Wilson, the Hollywood Sign, Dodger’s Stadium, and the LAPD Academy are the hard earned and breathtaking sights of the 10K course that very few Angelenos will ever see.
The course is steep, narrow, and rough in some portions, but still provides its 10K challengers the greatest sense of accomplishment available in LA.
Click here for detailed turn-by-turn directions.
- All participants will receive an ultra-soft, ultra-comfy premium short sleeve t-shirt.
- Opening ceremonies for the 5/10K Run/Walk and Bike Ride include the lighting of firecrackers.
- 5K and 10K runs are chip timed for fast & accurate results.
- Medal to the overall male and female winners in the 5K and 10K runs.
- Medal to the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place finishers in each age category.
- Finisher's Medal.
- Free carbo load meal (Saturday, February 11, 2017).
- Goodie bag.
- Refreshments at the Start/Finish and along the Course.
- Admission to the Firecracker Festival, featuring live entertainment and vendors.
- Free bag check available to all bikers
- Carnival games and petting zoo for Kiddie Run participants.
- One free beer to all registered participants 21+ years of age.
General Pricing5/10K Run/Walk or 20mi/30mi+ Bike Ride:
- Early: $35 (thru 9/5/16)
- Regular: $40 (9/6/16 - 12/04/16)
- Late: $45 (12/05/16 - 2/05/17)
- On-Site: Starting at $55 (2/11/17 - 2/12/17)
- Early: $15 (thru 9/5/16)
- Regular: $20 (9/6 - 12/4/16)
- Late: $25 (12/05 - 2/05/17)
- On-Site: Starting at $25 (2/11 - 2/12/17)
T-Shirt Sizing (Unisex)Rooster Design. Contemporary, slim fit. For a more relaxed fit, it is recommended to order a size up. Adult Chest Sizing*:
- XS (31" - 34")
- S (34" - 37")
- M (38" - 41")
- L (42" - 45")
- XL (46" - 49")
- 2XL (50" - 53")
- 3XL (54" - 57")
- M (31.5" - 33.5")
- L (33.5" - 35.5")
Event Location943 N. Broadway, Los Angeles, CA 90012 (For mapping purposes use) Saturday Site Map 2/11/17
Sunday Site Map 2/12/2017
ParkingPlease observe the parking time limit on the parking meters in Chinatown on Saturday. The meters will be enforced. A better choice would be to come to the Ride on the Metro Gold Line. The Chinatown Metro Station is a block away from the start of the Ride. Bag check is free and will be available for all registered riders.
Street Closures for 2017The 2017 L.A. Chinatown Firecracker Bike Ride and 5/10k Kiddie Run event will take place on Saturday February 11, 2017 and Sunday February 12, 2017. The Firecracker Run raises funds to help support the community elementary schools, Friends of Chinatown Library, Chinatown Senior Center and several other non profit organizations that support the Chinatown community. Thank you for your patience.
SATURDAY CLOSURESBroadway From College St. to Bernard St. will be closed from 5 A.M. to 10 A.M. Broadway from College St. to Pasadena Ave. one Southbound lane will be closed to traffic from 5 A.M. to 2 P.M. Hill Street Parking Lane restriction Saturday 2/11/17 4 A.M. To Sunday 4 P.M.
SUNDAY CLOSURESBroadway From College Street to Pasadena Ave will be closed from 4 A.M. to 1 P.M. Broadway from Alpine to College St. will be closed from 4 A.M. to 11 A.M. College Street from Alameda St. to Hill Street will be closed from 6 A.M. to 11 A.M. Hill Street from College St. to Bernard St.-Parking Lane restriction: Saturday 4 A.M. To Sunday 4 P.M.
Refund PolicyAll entry fees are non-refundable and non-transferable. You may not alter, reproduce, give or sell your number to another individual – doing so will result in your disqualification as well as the participant who uses your race number. The entry fee for this year's event will NOT transfer to next year's event, no exceptions. This policy stays in effect whether you are injured, have an unexpected business or family emergency, pregnancy, etc. There are NO exceptions. Any inquiry regarding this policy will be directed back to this page. There is NO rain date, We Go Rain or Shine.